What is life coaching all about?
Coaching is a powerful method for enabling individuals to unlock their own potential and to maximize their performance and achievement. Coaching accelerates an individual’s progress towards a goal by providing greater focus
And awareness of choice. The process also helps an individual to establish clear pathways and plans to enable the goals to be achieve It is not a mechanistic process, but is a flexible activity where the coach and client work together in a one to one relationship of mutual trust and commitment.
This provides the client with the specific support they require, when they need it.
The coach has the responsibility to discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve, encourage their self discovery, use their own ability and hold client responsible and accountable for what needs to be achieved. In a couching session, the client chooses the focus of the conversation while the coach listens and contributes observes and questions.
This interaction enables the client to make choices, decisions and move to actions.
The core components of the coaching process are:
- Helping the client to focus on specific, measurable goals that are realistic but stretching.
- Helping the client to work out and decide how they are going to achieve those goals.
- Giving them objective feedback about how they are progressing.
- Helping them manage their own feedback, thoughts and concerns.
- Giving them support and encouragement when they need it.
For the client it provides:
- Personalized help in focusing on what they need or want to achieve and how they will get there.
- Support and encouragement along the way.
- Personnel and timely feed back on how they are doing.
- A quiet and supportive environment to think through and discuss their concerns.
- An opportunity to be stretched.
- A practical route to deepen their learning about themselves.
If you would like more information please Contact Celia or feel free to call me on 07983204180 or 01484 711574.